Friday, May 2, 2008

We are rock stars


Just so you all check, because it has been a while, Liz has a bunch of new adorable pictures up on her blog. Those kids are so cute. Noah has the best smile.

I have the day off today. I am going to get some cleaning done. Tonight JJ has a show all the way in Sacramento so he has a lot of driving to do. I am going to have friends over. Mandy bought the game "Rockband" which is like Guitar Hero except there are also little drums and microphone, so you get to have a whole band. She brought it over last weekend and it is still here so we have a gig too. :) It is actually stupidly fun. I got 100% singing Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" and I am getting pretty good at the drums too. We borrowed my neighbor's Guitar Hero guitar which works with Rockband so that means we can use one of the guitars for bass, and we have a four piece "band." The greatest part is that we are all awful and it is really funny.

So that is the plan. I am trying to do a massive amount of laundry. It is amazing how quickly it builds up. We can only use Arm & Hammer with no dye and perfume for detergent because Lilly is allergic to everything else. She breaks out in rashes and won't stop scratching. Poor kid. But the Arm & Hammer works great. Her mom is the same way, very sensitive skin.

So, that is that. The diet is going all right, I have stayed within my suggested calorie range everyday so far. I have decided that once a month I am going to go out to dinner and eat a big, fatty meal so I have something to look forward to, although the web site says that using food as a reward is a bad thing. I don't care. That is my reward, so there. I want a steak and cheesecake and I will have it. In three weeks.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

it all sounds good.
Especially the cheese cake.
I am trying to eat healthy, but the pizza gets in the way, and my total lack of will power. Damn it!

Vicki said...

Rock On

Mary said...

Nathan has this too and Jonny is really good at it.. he is also really good at smash brothers

whatever that is .. he is a natural I guess?

anyway, I love laundry because it works for you...you can sit and watch something funny while the machine is hard at work... me likey.

Valerie said...

Ooh we have Smash Bros too! I am not so good at it.