Monday, May 12, 2008

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night will keep me from my appointed rounds, unless I just don't feel up to it.


I think there is a postal conspiracy. My mail usually arrives about 1 o'clock. On these day I usually see a mail truck somewhere while I am driving around. They are out and about. But every couple of weeks I don't see any mail trucks anywhere. Coincidentally, there are the same days I get no mail at all. I can see that maybe there would be days when I get no mail, but I find it strange that I never see mail trucks on the same days. Are they just skipping days sometimes? Is it a Chico thing? Or maybe I just have a real lazy mailman. I don't know, it is just something I have noticed....

9 comments:

Monica said...

no its that your postman went to the bar and got drunk and said screw the rest of the mail!
we have horrible mail service in sonoma, we got mail returned to us today that was sent in a postage paid envelope with the window showing the CORRECT address...humm....
oh and the other day we got mail for blue cross in sunnyvale from a dr in LA...no sinilarities in address or zip....its pure laziness!

Vicki said...

My mail used to come like at 8:00 at night, so I wrote an email to the USPO on line and then I called the main office, and we get our mail before noon now.
They said they were understaffed, I said...hire someone

Mary said...

I had that happen one time...

there was not a mailman anywhere..so I called the post office and left a nasty message that my mailman was screwing off and I demanded my mail be delivered..

they called back the next day...said it was Martin Luther King day.. and there was no mail...

No excuse...

Sarah Michele said...

I love my mailman.

The college kids across the street(about 7 live there) always leave their garbage cans directly in front of the mailboxes on garbage day. The mailman has left repeated notes and they just don't get it.

Now he just rams into them! He full on speeds up and plows them over. I look forward to it every Friday around 2.

Valerie said...

OK, that is really funny!

Sarah Michele said...

I am going to try and get pictures this Friday!

Valerie said...

Yes! You definitely need to do that!

Mary said...

U tube it..

Busby said...

Don't YouTube it. The mailperson is doing society a favor.. if the USPS sees it, they'll can the person and we want them slamming the garbage cans everyday.

:))