Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today




Hello all! Well, wedding invitations are stuffed, stamped and addressed. I just have to seal them, but I refuse to lick them all. May have to go cloth and water, that may work....

JJ's mom, Lynne, did a nice job addressing, she only made a couple of mistakes, so I regret to inform Monica that her invitation is addressed by me. Yeah, it is legible. Seriously though if you don't get it in a few days let me know....

This Saturday my friend Lisa and I are catering the hors d'oeuvres for a lesbian commitment ceremony, although after the gay marriage law finally passed it may be a wedding now, I wasn't sure it was appropriate to ask. But it is wedding. One of them has a dress, the other a suit, all the same traditions. Anyway, Lisa and I going shopping for food here in a little bit. We haven't made catering trays in over a year but I am sure we are still capable. We even got access to our old slicer. It should be fun, we will make sure food is refilled until the actual meal is served so we get to hang out with the guys in drag.... my life is weird.

That is about it. I am happy to spend time with Lisa today, she is currently my friend with the least amount of self-absorbed drama in her life. Although my friend Sean's mother is ill, so that doesn't count as self-absorbed drama, that just sucks. Lisa just gets through things with a smile and bad, inappropriate jokes, which is why I love her. Have a good day!

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, my caterer daughter, what a fun way to spend a day.
I don't think they can actually be wed yet, it has to go through some hoops first.

Busby said...

Licking wedding invitations reminds me of the Seinfeld where George's fiancee dies from that... LOL

Monica said...

DONT LICK! use a sponge!
(which also reminds me of a seinfeld episode)

ill forgive you that our invite is done in chicken scratch.
but how do you mess up jensen?
zabaljauregui i would understand...but jensen? come on! lol!

have fun at the lesbian committed wedding ceremony thing! drag queens are great!

Valerie said...

It was messed up because she had your old address. I gave her your new one but she only got Karen's for some reason. Whatever.

Monica said...

i was just teasing! lol!as long as we get one, since i already booked a room! lol!
other wise im crashing your wedding!

Mary said...

It is your duty to lick!

Lick away Meryl!

sounds like a great day... take pics if you are allowed..

Can't wait to see you June 15th..

Charise said...

drag queens are awsome my life is weird too!

Charise said...

drag queens are awsome my life is weird too!

Sarah Michele said...

No don't lick! Washcloth those bad boys or pay a neighbor child 5 bucks to do 'em all :)