Wednesday, April 16, 2008

x = Fail!


Well, I passed the vocabulary part of the GRE, but the math is a different story. First of all, the test was done on a computer and I was not allowed to skip questions and go back to them. Since the test was timed it freaked me out to spend too much time on one problem.

Also, before the whole test they have you do a tutorial on HOW TO USE THE MOUSE. It taught you how to hold the mouse, how the little arrow moves with the mouse, and how the buttons work.

Seriously. They expect me to know geometry but not how to use a mouse. Something is really flawed here. They should have made it computer literacy instead of math and I would have been fine.

The good thing is the lady at the graduate department had already told me the GRE wasn't a big deal. She said they look a lot more at your GPA in the last 6o units you took, and teacher recommendations. I look good in both of those and my writing samples were good as well.

So, it should be fine anyway. The communications department really doesn't care how good at math I am. And I can always retake the stupid test, but I don't see the point since I already tried. I'll find out in about a month if I got in the program, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me.

4 comments:

Mary said...

my fingers, my toes, my saggy nipples can be crossed, and my forked clit...

all crossed for ya... anything else you need? I am there for ya!

Vicki said...

It'll be just fine. You'll get in no problem.

Busby said...

When I took the GRE Math part, I simply didn't look at the questions and went a,b,c,d,a,b,c,d, etc... and scored in the 35th percentile... and Stanford still offered me a partial scholarship... it really is about the last year of classes, essay, and recommendations.

Valerie said...

That just made my day! Thanks Michael!