Saturday, April 5, 2008

Overhauling the yard over here too


















JJ and I have decided to completely overhaul our yard. Funny that Sarah is as well, I guess it is the season. Our neighbors, Allen and Jodi, are the yard people. Their perfectly manicured lawn and bushes are the envy of the neighborhood. Everyone knows it. JJ and I have simply maintained the lawn, and cut some bushes when they got ridiculous. So, it was never terrible, but thanks to the Yard Kings next door, it always looked like it was in comparison.

The above pictures are of the walkways leading up to our front doors. The top one is Allen and Jodie's. Note the carefully wound hose and pretty white rocks. Their bushes are small, but healthy and quite nice. Now look at ours. There appears to be two hoses haphazardly sprawled on the ground. And.... what is that? Oh! A tire! I have no idea why that tire is there. I don't even know what car it goes to.

So this week JJ and I have done a lot of work. I raked, seeded, weeded and fertilized the lawn. JJ pruned the bushes in the front and put in new bark. I wish I had thought to take more "before pictures", but I didn't. Within the next couple weeks, expect a blog showing the beauty of our front and backyard! It shall be done!

I actually had a longer, more descriptive blog planned about my toiling in the yard this week, but I did not get off of work until after 11 tonight because we were busy, and I am beat! So, I will update about this, not that anyone is really that interested, but it is what is going on.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

You could say the tire is a work of art.
Glad you are taking an interest in the yard. It will greatly please Ricardo

Mary said...

I love your blogs and I am highly interested...

I will take before and after pics of my yard as well to show you my cat can physically hide in the grass and jump out at me as I try to walk through it... laughing at the insanity of it all...

Where can we hire illegal immigrants? Oh right.. I live right next to a nest of them.

scuba steve said...

mother that is not right! i live with them not u...you racist son of a bitch!...that looks like a 235/75/15 not very much tread left!...lol..