Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Success!


So I went to Napa yesterday and had a good day. Mom, Richard and I had a nice lunch, then Mom and I had the second fitting for the wedding dress. The seamstress shop also had veils and headpieces for sale, so Mom quickly found the perfect ones. Really, it took her less than five minutes and I couldn't be happier. They were also literally a fraction of the cost David's Bridal was trying to sell the stuff at and nicer. Much nicer.

I also now have beautiful jewelery to wear for the wedding because I got my graduation present of a gorgeous pearl necklace and matching earrings. So I am done with wedding wear! Ah!

We also got shoes from an angry bridal shop lady. Mom and I were scared for our lives, I tried to run out the door before we even got the receipt. I cannot adequately describe that experience in writing. But sufficed to say that shop has been there for seven years and by God we should have looked in the yellow pages, because Brunilda spends a lot of money for that ad and clearly we should have known that shop existed. Shame on us. Shame. It is also apparently bewildering, and downright infuriating that we do not know the brand of dress I got. I.... I'm sorry angry woman.... please don't hurt us. We just.... want shoes. Oh.... oh help.

4 comments:

Busby said...

Brunhilda does not appease the Technoviking.

Valerie said...

LOL!

Mary said...

I personally am appalled you didn't know about her.. she is very famous.

I mean Brunhilda even had a book written after her.

I am so glad you got a lot accomplished. I bet you are getting excited.... I am!

Vicki said...

It was a really bestest kind of day.
I loved every minute of it.
: )
Well, even Brunhilda couldn't sully the happiness of the day, not that she didn't try! : )