Friday, April 18, 2008

Randomness


The picture has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was funny.

Hello all. Well, tonight I had a call in at work and surprisingly did not get called in. It is nice because JJ has a show tonight so we did not have to get a babysitter. So Lilly and I are hanging out. She is eating ice cream and watching Sponge Bob so I thought I'd blog. I don't really have much to blog about, but oh well.

The lawn is looking nice since I worked on it. It is greener and new grass is growing where I seeded it. JJ cut down the bushes in the front and put in new bark, so it looking good. I'd go take a picture but I am feeling lazy.

A girl at work got a pedometer and discovered that on average we bussers walk 14 miles a shift. So it is undoubtedly my food choices and not lack of activity that has been causing my weight gain. I am frustrated because I hate dieting and I loathe the idea of a "lifestyle" change to healthy eating. I don't like healthy food, period. It doesn't taste good. But when I get in the right state of mind I don't mind doing it. Last time I got to the weight I am now I dieted for a little over two months and lost 23 pounds. It took almost two years to put it all back on. So all I have to do is eat better for a couple of months, then try and avoid eating the junk I do now, and I should be back to where I should be. It is almost summer though, and I am coming to the terrible conclusion that I cannot hide behind hoodies and jackets anymore. My "heavy time" jeans are getting tight and even my baggy t-shirts aren't fitting the way I want them to. Sigh. Well, I wasn't planning on writing a novel on weight, so sorry.

On a brighter subject, the wedding plans are going well. We are going to have the rehearsal dinner at an Italian place, it will most likely be a pasta bar. I got the invitations, and they are really nice, I am happy with them. On Monday I go for my second fitting for my dress, so that should be fun.

Well, my buddy Sean just showed up, we are going to beat Lilly up, I mean not beat Lilly up. Yeah.... :)

3 comments:

Vicki said...

You look thin to me.
How nice not to get called into work. A freebee night!

Mary said...

You spelled randomness wrong...

haha ...made you look..

I have seen this picture before in a variety of " the worst husband " awards... there are some funny ones..

I like having quiet nights and Val, don't worry about your weight.. you are beautiful!

Sarah Michele said...

As long as I have ever known you, since you were 6, (yea, I remember back then)you have NEVER looked like you could lose 23 lbs. Where did you find 23 lbs??

I do know that its all personal and you have to be happy with the way you feel. But I just wanted to say that you have always looked so slender to me!