Thursday, April 24, 2008

I forgot a title and it was bothering me


Hello all. Lilly got up early this morning (rotten kid) so she has been playing on the Nintendo and I thought I'd write a blog, even though I really don't have much to write about. Again the picture is totally random and has nothing to do with the blog, I just think it is funny.

I have a call-in bar shift today so I will find out at 10:30 whether I work at 11:30. It is weird being scheduled during the day. Also it just seems wrong somehow to serve beer at noon. But some people just have lunch because either they like the bar or don't want to wait for a table. I half want to work, because it is a bar shift plus money is good, and half just want the day off for laziness reasons.

I started the "spark people" diet yesterday. It is that website that you record your calories on. Last time it yielded fast results, so we'll see how I do. Last night the kitchen had some extra food as they sometimes do and they put out a huge bowl of cajun fries and ranch, and some steak skewers are are really tasty, but I ignored them both. Well, I didn't ignore them, I more looked at them sadly and drank some water. I told someone at work that the problem with water is that there isn't enough sugar in it and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Yesterday I put a deposit down for table and chair rentals for the wedding. I also reserved table cloths (decided on ivory because white is kind of stark) and red napkins, so the tables will have some contrast. Now we have to deal with centerpieces. JJ is becoming more involved with planning so that has been nice. But really, thank God for Mom, because I really don't know what I am doing.

I have officially been at Sierra Nevada over a year now, so tomorrow I will get my first "beer buck." A beer buck (we get one every two weeks) is good for a free case of beer at the gift shop. Or three beer bucks is good for a keg. So that is how the wedding will have free beer. We can also choose to trade them in for "juice bucks," which is a free case of Knusten juice. After the wedding I may do that because I like juice more than beer, but don't tell JJ or Mandy because they might cry.

That's about all. I am going to go get Lilly ready for school and prepare myself for the possibility of having to work.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

You are on top of things! Wahoo
I am busy busy but will blog soon,
Love the red napkin idea, it will be really pretty. And not show the red wine spots.

Monica said...

beer bucks! that is awesome! that is quite a bit, a case of beer every two weeks! jeeze! lol!

ahh i miss beer, and margaritas....awesome on the wedding plans. I have about two bolts of white tule(whatever that stuff is called) and a whold box of white feather boas..if you have a need for any of that stuff its yours ill give it to you at the bbq in june. (i used feather boas to make my centerpieces!)

Mary said...

I want a feather boa for the reception...

I am going to start tanning soon, so I don't look like caspar in an evening gown.

Cancer is OK if it is for a reason....right?

Vicki said...

Cancer? Wha....huh...???

Monica said...

HEY FOR 20 BUCKS YOU CAN STAND NAKED IN FRONT OF A STRANGER AND HAVE THEM AIRBUSH YOU NICE AND TAN! NO CANCER REQUIRED!
I DID IT BEFORE MY WEDDING IT WAS PRETTY NEAT! AND IT DIDNT EVEN COME OFF ON MY DRESS

Sarah Michele said...

I think you should do the airbrushing. No cancer!

Val- I can't wait to see your dress! Wedding plans are stressful, kinda fun, but mostly stress! At least for me it was. Thats cool that JJ is getting into it, he'll bring his personal flair to the occasion. I love the red and Ivory, that will look awesome.

So did you have to go into work?

Valerie said...

Yup, I had to work. It was good. So much better than bussing, which I have to do today.... sigh.

Monica said...

val where do you find these pic's? i see them all the time on your myspace....they crack me up!

Valerie said...

just go to www.photobucket.com and put in "demotivational" you can also make you own on
http://despair.com/store.html