Friday, June 13, 2008

Where there's smoke....


So as you may or may not know the Governator has declared a state of emergency up here in Butte County. There is a huge fire that is engulfing a large area near Chico. Very near Chico. They are worried Paradise and Butte College might go down. Actually they put up a fire control base up at Butte College, except as of yesterday, the base was on fire. I guess they have so far protected the campus. I am trying to find out what is going on with Paradise, but I can't find anything updated past last night.

Of course the air is filled with smoke, you could see it coming yesterday, but today it is everywhere. For some reason, they are calling it the Humboldt fire, which makes no sense.

My house is on the other side of Chico, and I am very grateful for that.

JJ changed his mind and decided he wanted the Rott instead of the Lab, then he changed it back again to the Lab. It is looking like the lab for sure now, because he came up with some really good reasons for it. Either way, I guess I am getting a dog. Sigh.

Anyway, I will see you all on Sunday (I hope all of you will be there). I am excited, I like the April/June/whatever we call it party.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Any one you know up in Paradise? A few of moms friends are there.
And, yup, a Lab is the perfect family dog, I like it.
There little eyebrows furrow and open, and look so human when they are wanting to understand you.

Valerie said...

There are a few people I work with that live in Magalia, but that is beyond Paradise and probably safe.

Monica said...

awesome about the dog! labs are great!
They are calling it the humboldt fire cause it originated on hwy 32 and humboldt rd. we had a fire here last week and they called it the pine fire....no reason why thye just did!
If your looking for any official updates on the fire itself here is the calfire website
http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_current