Thursday, June 5, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation!

Sigh, of course the diploma is covering her face, not a bad picture of Mrs. Penman though....


Well, yesterday Lillyanne officially graduated from Kindergarten. Time does go fast! And yes, I had to sit through the graduation ceremony, but at least I had Mandy next to me to mock the children. Quietly though, because Lillyanne's Grandma was on the other side of me. JJ took his lunch break to be there also. There was singing and an alphabet poem and more singing and all the names called, from all of the kindergarten classes.... Yeah, it was pretty much endless. We are very proud of Lilly! This is a big deal, on to first grade now. Too bad, I liked her in afternoon kindergarten, she didn't have to be there until 11....














She's a ham.















Lilly's Uncle Zev. He and Lilly were in the same kindergarten class, which is mainly why Lilly's Grandma was sitting next to me during the graduation. They are Jehovah Witnesses so during their "Grand Old Flag" routine, where the kids were singing and doing a little routine, he had to stand there with his head down. It was really sad. I wanted to get a picture of it, but Mandy told me no.















Lilly and her friend after graduation. They were very happy.

6 comments:

Monica said...

you know normally i say to each his own when it comes to religion, but when it comes to children and them being left out i think its unfair for there parents to push that on them especially at school.

Congrats to lily! sorry yoiu have to get up early next year! lol!!

Sarah Michele said...

Great pictures! I love that second one of her and her missing teeth. So cute!

Thats sad about Zev, its not like they were singing a Christmas song ya know? Oh well, I hope it doesn't make him feel sad is all.

Congrats Lillyanne! I didnt know they had afternoon Kinder, That would be awesome!

Hey Monica, is Brynn in full day? I don't know what Kinder is like around here...

Valerie said...

I guess starting next school year it is full time here too, but Lilly got the last of the two sessions.

Vicki said...

How cute it that? I can remember like yesterday your kindergarden graduation Valerie, you threw up right after it. : )
I'll look for the photos and blog them

Monica said...

brynn goes from 820 to 140. wierd times, but its pretty much all day, in kid time!
When i was in kinder, i went to the morning class, i ALWAYS wanted to be in the afternoon!

Mary said...

these are adorable... she definitely is growing up fast but it doesn't seem like it because she looks the same... small, petite and always with a big ol'smile on her face.....

I love that you were there... she is lucky and so are you...what a great memory...

do you want to scrap book it? I have supplies!!!