Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Turtles and things


Hello everyone! So, again, not a whole lot going on here. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day which means in Chico everyone goes downtown in green and drinks a lot. In my case we went downtown and my friend Jimmy drank too much immediately (poor guy never drinks so he wasn't prepared for what an Irish Car Bomb will do, or four, whatever) so our day ended mercifully early. So then we just went to my house and looked up stupid videos on youtube. I was in bed nice and early. Perfect. I'm too old for that stuff anyway.

Tonight I have to work, and a week from today I have my first bartending shift, so that should be fun, and hopefully lucrative. I have spend most of today cleaning up my cluttered house. After work I am going to get back to my book.

Well, Mary has already done a whole post on turtles so I thought I post my turtle story. My friend Mandy got two turtles a couple of days ago to put in her little pond in her yard. Their names are Barney and Betty. They are neat-looking, kind of big and stupid. Anyway, the problem is that all they ever do is, uh, mate. Constantly. Whenever one of us go over to look at the turtles Barney is on top of Betty. At first we weren't sure what was going on (maybe they are siamese turtles), but it quickly became clear they were, well, yeah, mating. Barney must either be real clumsy and awkward, or a stud, we aren't sure. Either way, well, it's funny.

So people have asked about wedding plans. We have things pretty under control. We found a beautiful place to have it up here. It'll be August 16 and I really hope everyone can make it. We found a reasonably-priced caterer that does BBQ. JJ and I went to a wedding last summer with the same caterer and it was good. I have a dress, we have a photographer and a DJ. Next I need to deal with invitations. Mom and I are trying to figure out if asking people to RSVP by e-mail or phone would be tacky. Mom got a wedding invitation with that kind of RSVP and it was fine, so I am thinking that is what I am doing. Frankly, despite the savings in not buying RSVP envelopes and return stamps (which really isn't much), it will be much easier for me to organize everything with e-mail. I am on the computer all the time. I can save everyone's e-mail a lot easier than a bunch of paper RSVPs that will just end up cluttering my house even more. If anyone gets offended I'll say it is environmentally irresponsible to waste paper, which will make me sound like a hippie and that sucks, but oh well.

Someday I will have to post a rant against hippies blog.

So anyway, this week my friend Lisa is going to help me figure out centerpieces. I think we have picked out bridesmaid dresses, but I am not 100%, so I need to do that probably this week. So far so good though.

Well, this has been a long blog filled with turtle sex and hippie-bashing so I guess I will leave it that way and go do some more laundry!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Well, obviously, Betty has "back"
Uh huh, uh huh

Monica said...

i totally think that the email rsvp thing would be just fine, and in all honesty even if you sent me an invite with the rsvp card you would most likey get an email from us responding...im lazy, but i dont care! go email! i say send out an evite for the wedding...
ok maybe that is pushing it!

note to all who think the captcha thing below is annoying you can make it so that people dont have to do that! check your settings!

Sarah Michele said...

Great post and I agree about the email RSVP. I think its the way the world is headed! I don't think anyone would think it was tacky at all.

I can't wait for your hippie rant!

Mary said...

Turtles mating is awesome.. it is there sexy time...leave them alone. Barney is looking for turtle vagene!

Save the environment and send out invitations without RSVP cards... who doesn't have email? If they don't , I don't want them at the wedding anyhow!

I love hippies! GO GREEN!

Monica said...

sarah! did you see that... mary wrote GO GREEN!whoo hoo you have done it! now you will take over the world!

Vicki said...

Richard said they HAVE to be Siamese
No doubt about it

Valerie said...

Haha! I waiting for you to comment on that!