Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vanilla Frosting




I love vanilla frosting. It is so tasty. I have leftovers from the cupcakes and I just eating spoonfuls.... I wonder why I keep gaining weight, it is weird.

Anyway, some sort of ode should be written to vanilla frosting. I am not sure how it would go.... something about sweet sugary yumminess I'd say.

Why is it that fattening food tastes so good? Why does it have to be that way? Why can't carrots taste like frosting, or frosting just be healthy? It is unfair....

I said to JJ one day, "Why is it some people stay so thin? It is not just metabolism, because I have a fast metabolism, they just eat less, and eat healthy food. How do they do this?"

"They just don't have a love affair with food," JJ answered. "Would you say a good meal is one of life's greatest pleasures?"

"Why, yes!" I replied.

"They don't feel that way," he said. "They only eat to stay alive and don't care about good-tasting food."

I don't get it. Really I don't. I think I am going to go have some more vanilla frosting.

9 comments:

Busby said...

Homemade pumpkin ice cream... ask Mom about it. I make KILLER pumpkin ice cream... in fact since we bought an ice cream maker, my life has been better. It's easy to make it, makes me happy when I eat it, and there are so many kinds to make... quick ice cream with just some fruit, milk, cream, and sugar or something complex as making a custard based one (which holds better in the freezer... fast ice cream really should be eaten the same day).

The frosting in a can tastes like sugared Crisco to me... so easy to make creamcheese icing...

http://basic-recipes.com/cks/creamcheese.htm is one of the easier ways to make it.

Mary said...

I love frosting but I have to say the white frosting is the best...

second is chocolate of course and then some sort of cream cheese frosting over carrot cake...

I certainly have a love affair with food... I LOVE FOOD... ok I said it..

Vicki said...

Interestingly enough, I finished off the can of left over frosting tonight on a spoon.
I thought I would only have one spoonful, but you know, I finished it allllll up and it was yummy. It is sort of like sugared crisco, but whats your point?
: )
Yes, your pumpkin ice cream was the bomb for sure. Can you make Peep icecream???

Busby said...

I could make Peep ice cream but I'm afraid Mary's head would implode if I did.

:))

Vicki said...

she could have that fixed too!

Mary said...

this is getting personal..


hey mike... do we get this infamous pumpkin icecream at thanksgiving?

huh?

Busby said...

WOn't work... either the ice cream would melt on the drive over or the freezing container would thaw... either way would be bad ice cream... maybe you and Ernie should come over for dinner...

Monica said...

pumpkin ice cream...my mouth is watering right now.

I have an ice cream maker, can i have your recipie?

oh god...i want some so bad!

Alexis said...

yummy! you are not alone there! by the way im gonna be bloggin more now :)